JULY  2008

ABERLOUR ORPHANAGE MEMORIAL and GARDEN

If you prefer the picture in a popup to fill the screen  -  CLICK HERE

In 1875, Miss MacPherson Grant from Aberlour appointed Canon Charles Jupp to be her chaplain. In the
same year Burnside Cottage opened it's doors to four 'mitherless bairns'. Aberlour Orphanage was born.
The Orphanage closed in 1967. This memorial and garden is a reminder of what was created here.

 BELOW - SOME MORE PICTURES OF THIS MEMORIAL IN ABERLOUR

CLICK ON THE THUMBNAILS BELOW FOR LARGER IMAGES

STATUE OF YOUNG GIRL AT MEMORIAL

STATUE SEEN THROUGH THE ARCH

ALTERNATIVE VIEW OF STATUE

INSCRIPTION IN STONE

VIEW OF TOWER TOP

DETAILS ON PLATE

CLICK ON THE THUMBNAILS ABOVE FOR LARGER IMAGES

ooooOOOOOoooo

 

First person to go over Niagara Falls and survive - Annie Edson Taylor U.S.A. - Method - Wooden Barrel -  24th October 1901

 
 

Most weeks at No.1 on the Woman's Tennis Association Rankings - Steffi Graf, Germany - 377 weeks - 1987/1997

 

ooooOOOOOoooo

JULY  2008

ooooOOOOOoooo

All images on these pages, unless otherwise stated or unmarked, are Copyright Webmaster at  www.tourofkeith.co.uk
  
All images are protected with a steganographic message embedded in each picture.